26 October 2005

Procrastination As An Art-Form

All the good - and the bad - that comes along with procrastination is amazing. The creativity that comes out of what you can occupy a few hours of time with is tremendous.

This afternoon after being nominated for Student Rep. for my Institute to the larger University (some things never change), I bought a A-Z (pronounced A-Zet) streetmap of London (yes, in Week 4!) and searched for a map of the world to try and hide the ugly paint job in my room (and defy American stereo-types!)

I spent a few hours strategizing a Field Plan with Stephen for a candidate I've never met and I'm afraid I spent about 2 hours IM'ing. Ah well - I can never feel too bad about catching up with friends and trying to get Dems elected in red states (again - some things never change!)

To be fair, I walked to school today (45 minute good walk), went to the library and read (everything I wanted to get was checked out) and fought a head-ache self-imposed by a late night last night. And because there were delays on the tube getting back to my pad, I read on the train... and hear I am blogging. Good thing I had lots of time on the train on Monday to get a lot of my reading done...

Off to dinner with Elisa downstairs soon and then back to my readings about the power struggles between the State Dept. and the NSC/NSA and the influence each has/does not have in affecting U.S. Foreign Policy. I do love it - and understand why people make themselves professional students... although maybe then I would have to study 9-5 and treat it like a REAL job instead of a vacation from the crazy campaign hours I was working... not yet, at least :)

No comments: