06 January 2006

Sun Worshipper

That's me... I just had an amazing afternoon. I had to go on a few errands - driving around with the windows down - picked up some dried fruit for the plane ride tomorrow at Ikeda's (ran into some people I knew - of course), went to the bank, my mom's accountant, etc. Had the brilliant idea to pick up lunch at the Burrito Shop - a little hole in the wall near where I used to work.

Then I came home and decided to sit outside it was so beautiful. There I was - with my big-ass burrito, array of salsas, a diet coke... rolled-up my jeans, stripped down to a tank-top, with sunglasses and barefeet absolutely loving it. I doubt I got any color but my skin felt so good drenched in sun!

I proceeded to eat the whole burrito (not sure how - some sort of super-human feat I guess) and did research outside for a few hours. Eventually I was chilly enough to be convinced to come inside.

Who knew January could be so beautiful? I swear - I've only been out of California for about 18 months and I think I burried all this deep inside my brain so that I could survive East Coast and now England winters....

What is the saying? 'You can take the girl out of California - but not California out of the girl?!'

No comments: