01 June 2006

Radio Romance

Yes - I just titled this post based on Tiffany lyrics because I am THAT cool. Anyway... just went to the Hill for lunch with the girls (Kris, Gretch, Laurel, April, Katie, Amanda and Cari) which was fun - and enjoyed yummy Thai food. After activating my new phone number at Verizon (email me for it) - ended up walking home barefoot in the heat because my feet are not yet broken into sandals for the summer... ah well. Probably not the best idea, but a girl has got to do what a girl has got to do.

Just checking out The Stills who are we going to see this weekend, who are joined by Rogue Wave. You can listen to them at: http://www.thestills.net/ and http://www.roguewavemusic.com/roguewave_home.html - of which I am especially taken to.

And was listening to Senator Boxer on http://www.bigeddieradio.com/listen/index.asp... great show. Apparently there is a Gay Marriage proposal coming up in the Senate... yuck. AND the GOP is also going to be proposing anti-flag burning legislation... I am patriotic (Jack is always surprised by how much so), but of all the things on their plate right now this seems like a misplaced priority. .. not to mention the imposement on free speech. Talk about being nervous and trying to secure your disaffected base in a 2nd-term mid-term election year (historically when incumbant parties, especially those that also have a congressional majority lose the most seats)!

Meanwhile I am experiencing a bit of culture shock... it sounds odd to hear American accents all around me, walked by where the Kerry HQs were when I went in to volunteer in Spring of 2003 - that's right - 3 years ago.... weird! For the most part DC geography has come back to me, but I am going to try and not test myself too much just yet. Went to pay for lunch and realized I didn't have any dollars... had to remember how to enter my credit card, etc, etc. It's going to be funny when I drive Kristin's car and have to remember to drive on the opposite side of last weekend! But it is awesome to see the DC crew - especially Krstin and Gretchen - and am really looking to seeing lots more peeps tomorrow night! Bring on the BBQ!

Oh and PS - it is freakin' hot here! It was 90F or 32C... crazy!

No comments: