09 August 2006

This Is Crazy...

UPDATE ON THE ATTACK ON THE LIEBERMAN CAMPAIGN WEBSITE
STATEMENT FROM SEAN SMITH:
"For the past 24 hours the Friends for Joe Lieberman's website and email has been totally disrupted and disabled, we believe that this is the result of a coordinated attack by our political opponents. The campaign has notified the US Attorney and the Connecticut Chief State's Attorney and the campaign will be filing a formal complaint reflecting our concerns. The campaign has also notified the State Attorney General Dick Blumenthal for his review."
"We call on Ned Lamont to make an unqualified statement denouncing this kind of dirty campaign trick and to demand whoever is responsible to cease and desist immediately. Any attempt to suppress voter participation and undermine the voting process on Election Day is deplorable and has no place in our democracy."
*This is what you see if you go to www.joe2006.com. Sean Smith is the campaign manager for Lieberman and I agree with him whole-heartedly. Dirty tricks are uncalled for and unjust - especially in Democratic primaries! I am all about having D's challenge each other and I think competition is good... but it comes to a point where the means may not justify the ends... Good luck to my friend, and former colleague and lecturer, Sean!

1 comment:

Mara said...

I agree in that Lamont may not have had anything to do with the attack - but I do agree that he should denounce it regardless because it did help him out and it's illegal...

I am really surprised that it got so dirty. As much as I am a supporter of tough, competitive primaries and getting the best 'D' in as possible... I can't help thinking... shouldn't we be focusing on beating R's rather than beating fellow D's?

We need a majority to get anything passed...

And - of course - as a friend of Sean's, I am admittedly bias.