04 November 2005

4 weeks, 6 days and 3 hours

Since I arrived in London - so what I have learned?

#1 - It is easier to relocate than I have ever thought
#2 - 4 oz. can make a difference
#3 - I like being the token American
#4 - Drinking games are an American phenomenon; bar fights are not
#5 - How much you can learn when you are a full-time student
#6 - I love cities - but I miss space!
#7 - Watching football is a recognized sport in itself
#8 - Stars don't exist here
#9 - Being pale is not something to be ashamed of, it's a fact
#10 -The closer you get to Italy, the more people drink cappaccinos
#11 - If someone says they are 'pissed' - they are not upset; they are drunk
#12 - American movies are the things that make you miss home
#13 - A proper English breakfast is all you need
#14 - Brits are great on fair trade; but not on recycling
#15 - That no one in post-grad does ALL of the reading
#16 - I knew someday I would want all my books from under-grad
#17 - Riding a bicycle here is like handing your life over
#18 - Brits are mystified by the formalities of 'dating' in the US
#19 - 'Salad' is code-word for mayonnaise
#20 - More of my friends here speak Spanish than in San Diego!

No comments: