16 November 2005

A Flat In My Future

Good news - we might have a flat! Don't want to jinx it.. but after a few weeks of looking with different combinations of possible roommates - different parts of London - and many friendly but ultimately unhelpful estate agents: we might have a winner!

It's in Camden - an awesome part of town that (supposedly) feels like a community, with a market every day and great jazz club. AND it's in walking distance to school - so I'm crossing my fingers. See - I've never actually been there :)

Though really - the colder it gets - the less appealing walking becomes. I went running twice this weekend in Hyde Park (which is something that I will truly miss if I move) - but got a horrible chest cough after! I actually had to go running in my full REI gear - gloves and all - it is getting COLD here! Seriously, this week the temperature dropped really quickly and I've had to bust out my winter coats, gloves, scarves and boots - reminds me of DC last winter! Though let's just pray it doesn't get as cold as New York...

Anyway, so hopefully all y'all will have a place to rest your pretty little heads when you come visit and won't have to experience grungy orange walls. I've come to the realization that no matter how many prints, photos, maps I put on the wall - it's still a rubbish color.

Ah well - here's to hoping! And to getting over this nasty sickness... I thought I was going to get kicked out the library today, my class on Monday and the lecture I went to last night on Reagan's foreign policy - I mean really... it's so not fair to be sick when you are also trying to write all these damn essays!

1 comment:

Mara said...

HA!

No - Camden - a neighborhood in London :)

And good news - we got it! Woo-hoo! I move out in about 10 days... after I get over this crazy cough, hand in these crazy essays - and party like crazy!