20 December 2005

Home!

I just got home (back to Cali) last night after a hellish 14-hour venture on the same plane... it was supposed to be a 10 hour flight but over a 3 hour delay made the trip seem even that much longer.... However I was able to catch up on my movies by watching 3 of them - ha!

On the drive back to Auburn my mom and I stopped off for Mexican food in Berkeley which made up for it and then I proceeded to crash out as soon as I got home and gave my little sister a kiss... woke up throughout the night being really confused but got up early this morning and felt good. Still feeling twinges of culture shock... but nothing so bad yet.

Made myself breakfast this am (an egg, homemade bread, coffee and fresh mandarins from the local orchard) and took my mom to work so I could steal her car for the day... then spent the rest of the day working out (I LOVE having a free gym membership!), making lunch for Kath and her boyfriend, and wrapping presents.

My older sister gets in late tonight from DC and I think this week is just going to be all about chilling with the fam, finishing up Christmas shopping, catching up with emails and what not (and blog-posts!) I think more than anything I am just looking forward to one-on-one time with my fam... I feel like that hasn't happened in forever. Eventually I have to start writing my essays - but I need a few days before I can even work myself up to that.

I already have a few days planned to be in San Francisco - including New Years - in which we are going to a 1930s Cocktail Party at Swing Club with a bunch of people I went to university with - so that should be fun. And we have at least one Kings' game and a snowday on the agenda... so I'm looking forward to that as well.

There is just something I miss about California- maybe the fact that I was walking around last night in just a sweatshirt; went to the gym in shorts and a long-sleeved t-shirt... quite a difference from English weather. Caught a great sunset tonight and will have dinner with my mom... tomorrow hanging out with my grandparents and helping my grandmother with her computer and then having dinner at my dad's.

I don't have a cell phone here (nor a car) - so my social life will be a bit limited - limited at least to last week in London which was filled with a bit if Christmas debauchery (pictures to come). I am also waiting for Matt to send me shots of our week in London doing the touristy thing and of Ireland. Guess what I'm getting for Christmas? A digital camera for all of your viewing pleasures :)

For those of you in the States - give my mom's house a call - and happy holidays!

No comments: