20 December 2005

A Little (or a lot of) DCFC In My Life

So most of those who know my music tastes - or hang out with me for a few hours and I am near my laptop - know that I love Death Cab for Cutie. So... what felt like a late last night (still getting over jet lag... I got up at 6:30am today! not a usual day for me)... I indulged myself and bought two tix to go see them in London in March.

See... when I was a sophomore at university a friend offered me tickets but I couldn't go because I had Feminism 101 midterm to study for... what was I thinking?!

Then this summer Amanda and I tried desperately to get tickets to their show in NYC even though I had a volunteer night (don't tell Mike - or Chris either... who I would have had to BEG to cover for me!) Alas it didn't work out and I've tried to get tix but it always seems that I am moving away from whatever city I was living in right as they were coming...

Anyway... so I'm super stoked and am not quite sure who I should offer the other ticket too. I would like to see some more comments on here - or perhaps even a guest blogger or two - so... I thought I might offer this other ticket up as a prize or something... though I guess you either have to live in London (or the surrounding area) or pull some transatlantacism (brownie pts to whoever got that!) and get yourself over to Londres....

Anyway - just putting it out there!

Check out Plans... a fabulous new addition to their collection at www.deathcabforcutie.com.... once you open the site it also plays you continuous, shuffled songs so you can enjoy their music just by opening their website and then carrying on whatever you were doing - brilliant!

No comments: