07 February 2006

The Cold, Hard Numbers

I thought this was a great synopsis of an essay-writing weekend in grad school. Lucky for me I finished 2 weeks ago and the Latin Americanists just went through it. Courtesy of Matt (my flat-mate), for your reading pleasure....

Wow, second set done, and into the home stretch. Part of me wonders whether or not 'grad student' should be its own high-risk insurance group, on account of the induced stress levels.

Anyways, here, for your reading pleasure are the cold, hard numbers for last weekend:
  • Number of girls arguing on Sunday over whether 'Seattle' or 'the Seahawks' won the coin toss - 2
  • Pages printed to hand in essays - 86
  • Time to print (in minutes) - 20
  • Weight, in lbs., of library books on my floor - 35
  • Cans of Red Bull consumed - 6
  • With beer - 1
  • Cups of melted chocolate consumed in attempt to combine the effects of CAFFEINE and SUGAR - 1
  • Hours of sleep , fri-mon - 14
  • Cost (in pounds) of 'essay supplies' - 17.46% of essay supplies devoted to Pringles - 18
  • Times I questioned my current profession - 4
  • Times seriously - 4
  • Number of runs through Regents Park - 0

- Matt

No comments: