17 February 2006

London Calling

I can't believe it's Friday again - I just got off work and the whole building is so quiet... this week was good though because I worked 4 partial days - so it helps the conversion from the dollar to the pound a bit less painful. Other good news is that my student loan that I applied for ages ago may just now go through - finally!

In other areas life is also good - had quite a social week and squeezed in some additional seminars. Saturday night was one of my favorite nights in London - it was the Spanish-speaking contingent of my friends all at my house for a pre-party and then off to my favorite new place - The Embassy Bar in Islington. It's fabulous. We had Argentina, Poland, Spain, Panama, England and the U.S. represented and lots of drinking and dancing... the doorman got a kick out of th fact that we have the same surname and let us all in despite the que - good times, good times.

Want to write more about this week and upcoming plans - but I have promised to meet Kasia for coffee so I'll have to jump back on later....

No comments: