20 February 2006

London Calling - Part Two

Back - 3 days later - but better late than never, eh?

Sitting in my pajamas after a late morning and a long lie-in (translation: sleeping in), just made myself some porridge and coffee and have a day full of catching-up.... laundry, blogging, emails, going to the gym and eventually off to the library. Joining the local gym today and very excited about it - my running 3 days a week has since ceased to 2, and not nearly as exhuberantly as they were a month ago, so - abs classes and precor machines here I come!

This weekend was good - a bit of a bender and full of even more house guests. I am beginning to think of our flat as a hostel - or maybe a bed and breakfast as Matt and I are beginning to specialize in the morning after fry-up. Full English Breakfast anyone? Or sans meat I should say... as I always make Matt do that part. I never thought I would eat baked beans, nonethless buy them, cook them and serve them to guests for breakfast - but here I am!

Jillian's mom and sister have been visting fromn Canada the past two weeks, as well as Juam from Portogul, a friend of Matt and Jill's through www.couchsurfing.com - check it out, it's a cool website that matches up travelers with couches around the world. Mark's friend, James, from high school came up Saturday night and our other friend James stayed over after quite a night.

We went out in Hoxton Square near Old Street in East London and after taking a tour of the bars there, ended up at a gay club a few streets down. I ran into Jordi, a friend from the Kerry campaign, in line there and we went in to dance the rest of the night away. Much to our surprise almost everyone was in fancy dress and soon to follow was Boy George!

Everyone was queing up to snog him - I tried to as well - but I was rejected! He said, 'Sorry beautiful, I don't do girls!' I could not believe it... should I be happy or sad that I was rejected by a cultural icon? Who knows - but I was loving the fact that I got to hang out with him and pose in a photo with him... to bad it wasn't my camera....

Anyway, long night Saturday that was preceded by a late night Friday. Matt, Jill, Juam, Haley, a Japanese woman whose name I can't remember went to Fabric, one of London's famed night clubs to see the Shout Out Louds (www.shoutoutlouds.com). A great Swedish band that put on a fabulous show and it was super fun to be in such a crazy big club.

***7 paragraphs just got deleted due to a server error! Major do'h! Too dishearterned now to re-write what I just spent some time doing.... ugh - be back after a shower....

No comments: