25 July 2006

A Doolittle Email

***Scare Tactics.... Scare Tactics.... Scare Tactics - BULLOCKS!

"Dear MARA,

As your representative in Congress, I am fighting to reform our immigration laws and put a stop to illegal immigration.

One way to help accomplish that objective is to eliminate the benefits many illegal immigrants take advantage of by simply residing in our country – including voting in our elections.

Shockingly, voter registration does not currently require verification of U.S. citizenship and because of the passage of motor-voter bills, the process of registering to vote is almost automatic for those who apply for a driver’s license in those states that allow non-citizens to obtain one.

Some estimate that thousands of illegal immigrants are allowed to vote each year.

In order to stop this outrageous and illegal activity, I recently cosponsored legislation that will require proof of citizenship in order to register to vote. The bill also requires voters to present valid photo identification before voting.

Your views on my efforts are important to me, and I invite you to participate in a district-wide poll I am conducting. I plan on sharing the results with my colleagues before the bill comes up for a vote.

Sincerely,
John T. Doolittle"


***And here's the best part - a survey! And please note that at the bottom of the page tells you that if you sign up... you are automatically subscribing to his newsletter... ugh.

"What Do You Feel Should Be Done About Illegal Immigrants Voting In Our Elections?

Should proof of citizenship be required in order to register to vote?
Yes
No

Should voters be required to show photo identification before voting?
Yes
No

*By answering this survey, you are subscribing to my newsletter

No comments: