12 July 2006

This Week In London

Friday - Tate Modern with Jack and drinks after in the VIP 'Member's Room' (thanks to Jack's parents!) then over to Wapping to go to the Town of Ramsgate (Amanda - this is the pub they pointed out on our river boat tour last week where they used to kill people by hanging them from the balcony through 2 tides!).

Saturday - Cleaning and prepping for what became a wild night here to celebrate my birthday. Great party - great people - great food to start and crap drinks to finish it all off (but who really cares at that point)? Cleaning ensued late Saturday night...

Sunday - A well-deserved lie-in and then off to Spittalfields market to pick up some lunch and organic, UK wine (who knew?) for Jack's parents - then to their house for dinner and to watch the World Cup Final - I know you know who won :)

Monday - Transcribing interviews for my dissertation, then a run with Jack and homemade pizza for dinner, followed by a new favorite ice cream - Haagen-Daz Tiramisu (did you get the Italian theme? Jack didn't!)... then we watched Munich - or most of it 'til we both fell asleep.

Tuesday - More transcribing (almost done!) and then Jack and I went for a chill picnic and walk in Victoria Park before heading back to finish off the pint of Tiramisu ice cream and to watch a film from Hong Kong that was really impressive - In the Mood for Love.

Wednesday - Got up early and did errands - to the bank, the market, cleaning and sorting out taxes, bills, etc. Then I went for a run up Primrose Hill - let's just say I was a bit rosey after coming back - in fact I don't remember the last time my face was THAT red. It's been absolutely gorgeous here and sunny - unusual for London, so when it is - everyone, I am convinced, takes off early from work and heads to the nearest park or beer garden (which there are plenty of both). It was actually SO hot today that they were giving out free water on the tube! I also booked my flight home today - a sad prospect leaving this amazing city. Although a lot of friends from school are off, there are also a few of my favorites staying, not to mention my 3 best friends and my boyfriend... hmm.... that's going to be righ to say the least... so if ANYONE can figure out how I can stay in London and work in American politics - please let me know ASAP!!!

Thursday - Tomorrow I need to absolutely finish my transcriptions before I am off to meet Jack for a walk through Chelsea. They have this great book where you can go on different walks through parts of the city and they point out all the historical stuff which should be great... though it's Jillian's, my flat-mate, last day in London! She's off in the morning back to Canada to finish school... crazy! (And yes - that DOES mean I'll be the only girl left standing in a house of boys.. think I can handle it?)

Friday - More dissertation research during the day and then we're off to the British Museum (I love this whole free museum idea!) and then to the cinema before heading back to Camden. Oh yeah - and smoothie training in the A.M.

Saturday/Sunday - Smoothie making at 2 different festivals. Early mornings and then making smoothies all day at the festivals to put some extra cash in my pocket and to help Matt out at Jiva Juice.

And then it's back to my dissertation and trying to squueze as much of London into 8 weeks as possible! I love that I am dating a fellow history major that cares about this stuff as much as I do! That's it - I found something they are good for!

Tee hee hee...

No comments: